For our next PhD Program starting in October 2014 we are looking for exceptionally motivated PhD candidates with a keen interest in genomics and medicine and a strong interest to work in teams.
The 2014 CeMM PhD Program will focus on two thematic areas: INFECTION and CANCER, that are built on the pillars of epigenetics, bioinformatics and systems biology, chemical biology and the mechanism of action of drugs, high-throughput genetics, genomics and proteomics, and molecular and cell biology.
The choice of this strategic focus rests on the synergies between immunology, infection and cancer in pathophysiological and technological terms. It furthermore reflects the strength of the current CeMM faculty, itself built around the historical and contemporary expertise in immunology and cancer of the Medical University of Vienna.
As a CeMM PhD student you will get the chance to work at the cutting edge of interdisciplinary molecular medicine research and be trained by the entire CeMM and associated faculty to become one of the scientists shaping the future of molecular medicine.
To be eligible to enroll in the CeMM PhD Program all candidates are required to have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in medicine, biology, chemistry, bioinformatics, mathematics or any scientific/technical, subject-relevant degree. Candidates do not need to have completed their degree at the time of application, however they must have obtained their final degree certificate by mid-September. The working language at CeMM is English, so excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required.
- Applications open on 20th January and close on 20th March 2014.
- Two references are required to be submitted through the online system by 31st March 2014.
- All complete candidate applications are reviewed by the CeMM Faculty in early April.
- Selected candidates are invited to a Skype panel interview in late April.
- Shortlisted candidates are then invited to Vienna in May for a full interview process, including an opportunity to introduce yourself through a presentation and interview rounds, meet research group members, and attend an informal dinner to get to know the Faculty members and learn more about their research.
- Positions are offered by CeMM Faculty in June.
- Start of PhD Program: 1st October 2014 .
Binia Maria Günther, BEd BA
Human Resources Manager
Catherine Lloyd, Ph.D.
PhD and Postdoc Program Manager